Pumpkin Bread (V+GF)
The perfect pair to your morning coffee! This bread is nutty and packed with warm spices that'll be sure to hug your tongue in this cool weather.
Total servings: 12 slices
Total time: 30 minutes
1 cup quick cooking brown rice
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup of raw almonds or pecans
1.5 tBsp milled flax seeds
1.5 tBsp whole chia seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp clove
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup of water or coconut milk or plant milk of choice.
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 tBsp apple cider vinegar
1 tBsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
2) Into a high speed blender, add the brown rice, oats, chia, and flax seeds and blend until it all becomes a fine flour-like consistency.
3) Add into the blender with the flour, the baking soda, salt, spices and nuts and blend until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
4) Lastly, add the dates into the mixture and blend until the dates have become pulverized into the flour mixture.
5) In a bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, pumpkin puree, water, vanilla extract.
6) Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
7) Pour the bread mixture into a bread pan.
8) Top the mixture with pumpkin seeds and rolled oats, and chopped walnuts.
9) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and the inside is fully cooked. (Use the toothpick method to ensure it is cooked)
*May top with a honey or chocolate glaze.
*I tried to keep recipes on Lemons and a Canvas as whole and unprocessed as possible. However, the nuts can be replaced for a neutral oil or vegan butter. The flour can be replaced for all purpose or whole wheat. The dates can be replaced for cane or brown or coconut sugar.
*The batter may require less or more water. Adjust accordingly to achieve a cake batter consistency.